Harley Davidson Engine Break In Procedure
Engine Break In Myth.
Harley davidson engine break in procedure. 1- Initial start up. By 10000 miles it is burning a quart of oil every 1000 miles. This will be your last break-in run.
Installation andor break-in procedures may result in damage to pistons and or other engine components not covered under warranty. Let the engine cool till you can touch the engine. Repeat 12 times and watch oil temp and unusual noise.
Its important to break in a new motorcycle engine correctly or you risk impairing its performance or damaging it outright. Prior to that method I babied one engine during break in and it showed as piston blow by and moderate performance. Engine break in comparison.
Heres how to do it right. After warming up the engine he puts it in fourth gear and does five half-throttle dyno runs varying between 30 60 of the engines maximum revs allowing the engine to decelerate fully without using the bikes or dynos brakes. The first 50 miles are the most critical for new rings and piston break-in most engine damage will initially occur during this period.
Follow the above procedure and run for 15 minutes. No need to follow the lengthy break-in procedure. Follow the same procedure as above but this time running for 10 minutes.
Keep the heat down by not exceeding 3000 rpm and vary the speed. Now is the time to let the engine totally cool down again. If you hear this someone is telling you the airfuel mixture and ignition timing is not important when the motor is new.
- Harley Davidson Softail Slim Handlebars
- Harley Davidson Sportster Battery Keeps Dying
- Harley Davidson Spike Grips
- Harley Davidson Softail Slim Road Test
- Harley Davidson Sportster 883 Vs Iron 883
- Harley Davidson Softail Slim Mustang Seat
- Harley Davidson Sportster 1250 Kit
- Harley Davidson Softail Slim Industrial Grey
- Harley Davidson Softail Slim For Sale In Victoria
- Harley Davidson Softail Slim Test Ride
- Harley Davidson Softail Slim White
- Harley Davidson Softail Slim Harga
- Harley Davidson Sportster Backrest
- Harley Davidson Softail Slim Wiki
- Harley Davidson Softail Slim Green
- Harley Davidson Softail Slim Reviews
- Harley Davidson Softail Slim Modifications
- Harley Davidson Sportster 48 Vs Roadster
- Harley Davidson Softail Slim Hoechstgeschwindigkeit
- Harley Davidson Softail Slim Zusatzscheinwerfer